Privacy & Policy
JetOcost provides online marketplaces connecting consumers like you with insurance, finance, travel, and other companies and their agents through the websites we own and operate and our webforms that are embedded in certain third-party websites. Below are some key things to know about us and our services:
- Our marketplaces include businesses and their agents, as well as third parties who may be able to connect you with such businesses, to offer various products and services they can sell to you or that otherwise may be of interest to you. We refer to all these businesses as advertisers or our network of advertisers.
- Our websites and webforms provide you the ability to connect with our network of advertisers to learn more about various products and services and to request a quote directly from them so you can decide if you want to make a purchase.
- We do not provide rates, quotes, travel, or insurance or finance products or services.
- We do not act as an agent for advertisers nor do we sell the products or services of advertisers.
- When you use our websites and webforms, you will share your information with us and ask us to share your information with our network of advertisers to connect you with other advertisers, to learn more about their products and services, and to request a quote or rates from them.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Information you provide to us through our websites and webforms.
- Information we collect automatically when you use our websites and webforms.
- Information you provide to us when you call or receive a call from us or an advertiser.
- Information we get from advertisers, third parties, and offline sources.
- Any other information you choose to provide to us.
For each of these categories, we use the information to provide our services to you, to communicate with you, to process your request(s), to understand how our services are used, to improve our services, and to comply with applicable laws. Additional details on each category is provided below.
Information You Provide to Us Through Our Websites and Webforms
When you use our websites and webforms, we collect information that you choose to provide to us in order to be matched to an advertisers' products and services. For example, our websites and webforms may allow you to provide your name, address, telephone number, email, and other information in order to be matched to insurance carriers and agents who may provide you a quote for their insurance products and services. You may also provide us with your home and destination airports and travel dates when you use our websites and webforms related to travel products and services so that we can show you flight and hotel options available from advertisers. This means the categories of information you can provide to us through our websites and webforms depend on the nature of the products and services for which you are requesting quotes or rates.
Keep in mind that when you submit your information to us through our websites and webforms to request a quote or rate, you are also directing us to share the information you submit with an advertiser so we can match you with their products and services.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use Our Websites and Webforms
When you use our websites and webforms, we collect information about which of those websites and webforms you have used and how you've used them, in addition to information about your activity, browser, and device. Like most websites, we may collect such information by using online tracking technologies, such as cookies, pixels, tags, and other unique identifiers (go to allaboutcookies.org or youronlinechoices.eu to learn more about such tracking technologies). Below is a more detailed explanation of the types of information we collect automatically when you use our websites and webforms:
- Usage Information. We collect information about your activity through our websites and webforms. For example, we may collect information about:
- how you interact with our websites and webforms and which search queries you submit;
- which pages you have visited on our websites and which ones you visited immediately before or after navigating to our website.
- which advertiser quotes you select, which advertiser websites you visit, including the time and date of your visit, and your interactions with our websites and advertisers' websites (such as when you leave our site to go to an advertiser's site or when you use our webform on a third-party site); ; and
- other demographic and usage information.
- Device, Browser, and Location Information. We collect information from and about the devices and browsers you use and about your location. For example, we collect:
- device type, browser type, IP Address (which is treated as personal information in some jurisdictions, but which we use only to identify your geographic area and to comply with applicable laws); and
- identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser.
- Interactions with Advertisers, Advertisements, Emails, and other Communications. Keep in mind, we may also collect information when you interact with our webforms placed on third-party websites (including which website you visited, which webform you used, and what information you submitted through the webform), advertisements placed on our or third party websites (including which advertisements you viewed, which ones you selected, and on what website you viewed our advertisement), and our emails and other communications we send to you (including whether you opened, forwarded or selected a link or content in such email). For example, we may use information you submit to us through our webforms placed on third-party websites to show you more relevant quotes and rates from advertisers.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually remove or reject browser cookies through the settings on your browser or device. Keep in mind, though, that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our websites and webforms. To learn more about your choices, please check out Cookies and Other Technologies.
Information You Provide to Us When You Call or Receive a Call from Us or an Advertiser
We may collect information from you when you call us, when we call you or when you ask an advertiser to transfer your call with them to us. The categories of information we collect from you or that you can provide to us through phone calls depends on the nature of the advertiser's products and services for which you are requesting quotes or rates and the purpose of your call.
Information We Receive from Suppliers, Third Parties, and other Sources
We may receive information about you from suppliers, those businesses that provide us services (such as service providers, contractors, and consultants), third parties, or other online or offline sources. We may combine such information with the information you have provided to us in order to provide and improve our services including, among other ways, to filter or select the best advertisers or advertisements to show to you or to target or measure the performance of advertisements. Below are a few examples:
- Our advertisers may send us information they have collected about you when you interact with or otherwise make a purchase with one of them (including when you request a quote or rates from an advertiser or make a purchase from them); and
- Advertisers, publishers, and other third parties may share information they've collected about you with us when you interact with them, including when you interact with their advertisements, websites, or apps.
Any Other Information You Choose to Provide to Us
When you contact us, including by mail or email, or communicate with us in any other way, we'll collect whatever information you volunteer or that we need to resolve your question or request. The categories of information we collect from you or that you can provide to us through mail, email, or other means depends on the purpose of your communication to us.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information to:
- Process and fulfill your request for a quote or rates from advertisers.
Communicate with you, including by phone calls, email, mail, and text messages. For example, when you provide your contact information to us you are registering to receive communications from us directly or through a third-party which may include using the foregoing communication methods to:
- Share information about our services (including about our websites and webforms).
- Share information about an advertiser's products and services that we think may interest you. For example, if you request to be added to any of our mailing lists, we will periodically send you newsletters and other e-mails with offers and promotions. Our emails will always identify JetOcost or one of our branded sites as the sender. You may unenroll any time by selecting “unsubscribe” in our emails.
- Communicate with you to process and fulfill your request for a quote or rates from advertisers.
- Respond to your inquiries.
- Provide and improve our services (including our websites and webforms), ad placement, ad targeting, and ad campaign success and measurement, including through the use of your location information, both on and off our websites and webforms. Develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our services including our websites and webforms.
- Monitor and analyze trends and usage of our services.
- Enhance our services (including our websites and webforms) and your experience with them by using information we collect automatically by cookies and other technologies.
- Enhance the safety and security of our services.
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- Comply with legal requirements, including applicable laws, rules, regulations, and orders.
WHEN AND HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We may share the information we have about you in the following ways:
- With Advertisers. Our websites and webforms are designed to connect you with advertisers so you can learn more about their products and services and so you can request quotes and rates directly from them. This means when you submit a request through our websites or webforms, you are asking us to share, and we will share, the information you submit in your request with advertisers (which may include agents, carriers, lead aggregators, and other providers in our network) to process and fulfill your request. Please keep in mind the following important details when using our websites and webforms:
- The categories of information we share with advertisers depends on the website or webform you are using and the type of quote and rates you are requesting. For example, if you are requesting a quote or rates for car insurance, we may share with advertisers your name, address, telephone number, email, information about your cars, and any other information you provide in the website or webform.
- The agreements we have with those advertisers that partner with us require them to secure any personal information (also known as personal data) we provide to them, limit how they use such information, and comply with national, state, and other applicable privacy regulations.
- With Our Service Providers and Other Third Parties. To provide and protect our services, we may share the information we have about you with those businesses that provide services to us including our third-party vendors, suppliers, service providers, and other third parties under the following circumstances:
- To measure and optimize the performance of our websites, webforms, and ads and to deliver more relevant ads, including for advertisers and other third-party websites and apps. For more about the information collected by third parties on our websites and webforms, visit Cookies and Other Technologies.
- To optimize advertisers' and other third-parties' ability to reach their target audience and markets by sharing aggregated, non-personally identifiable, de-identified, and aggregated information (i.e., information about you and other users collectively, but not specifically identifiable to you) with such providers and third parties that provide services to us or perform business purposes for us.
- To help us and others prevent fraud, which may include sharing device, usage, and other information we have about you.
- For legal, safety, and security reasons. This means we may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
- Comply with any valid legal process, governmental or law enforcement request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation (e.g., subpoenas, court orders, federal/state audits or similar circumstances, etc.).
- Protect our rights, property, or safety or those of the advertisers, our suppliers, or others.
- Detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
- As part of a merger or acquisition, asset sale, financing, liquidation, or bankruptcy. If we become involved in any merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation or bankruptcy, or other acquisition of all or some portion of our business by another company, we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes.
Note that we have agreements with our third-party vendors, suppliers, and service providers requiring them to secure any personal information we provide to them, limit how they use such information, and comply with national, state, and other applicable privacy regulations.
THIRD-PARTY CONTENT, LINKS, AND INTEGRATIONS
As noted above, our websites and webforms will contain third-party content, links, and integrations. For example, when you submit information through our websites and webforms you may be presented with content and links to an advertiser's website to learn more about their products and services or to request a quote or rates directly from them. Through these integrations, you will be providing information to an advertiser, other third parties, as well as to us. We are not responsible for how an advertiser and such other third parties collect or use your information. As always, we encourage you to read the privacy policies of every advertiser and third-party service that you visit or use.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
How long we keep your information depends on the type of information, the purpose for which it is used, how sensitive it is, and other similar factors. For example, we keep your information:
- That you submit through our websites and webforms (like your name, phone number, address, email address, etc.) until you ask us to delete it.
- For as long as necessary to resolve disputes and/or enforce our rights and agreements.
- If it is aggregated, anonymized, de-identified (i.e., not capable of identifying you) then indefinitely.
- In our backup or disaster recovery systems for a limited period of time or as required by applicable law.
HOW WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
The security of your personal information is very important, and we take a number of steps to safeguard it. For example, we have implemented technical and organizational security measures that are designed to help protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and modification. We also maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with or exceed federal standards to guard your information, and we anonymize or expunge data when it is no longer necessary to provide services to our users or substantiate records for an advertiser. From time-to-time, we review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technologies and methods.
Even so, despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect, impenetrable, or 100% secure. We cannot ensure, and do not warrant or guarantee, that the information you transmit to us will remain secure, nor do we guarantee that this information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, destroyed or used in an unauthorized manner. These are the risks of being online and conducting business online.
Of course, if we learn of a security breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may also post a notice on our services if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive a notice of a security breach in writing. If you have any questions about the security of your information, please Contact Us.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
As discussed above, advertisers, our service providers (including any other third parties working on our behalf), and any other businesses (third parties) who collect information on our services, may automatically receive certain information associated with you and/or your device(s) as part of your use of our websites and webforms through browser or device-based tracking technologies such as cookies, pixels, tags, beacons, scripts, or other technology.
Many devices and browsers give you the option to manage and/or disable cookies and other online tracking technologies. To opt-out of the use of these technologies, you can change your browser options to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting cookies. To assist you, we compiled directions for some commonly used browsers and devices in the table below. Keep in mind that not all devices and browsers are the same so the methods described below may not work for your browser, browser version, or device and may change at any time. We encourage you to refer to the relevant instructions for your particular device or browser.
Before you dive in, please note, if you opt out of the collection and use of information via cookies and other tracking technologies, you may still see customized advertising displayed by advertising networks from which you have not opted out. In addition, your opt-out will not prevent any advertising network from displaying advertising that is not customized to you and your interests and, consequently, may be less relevant to you. You will need to make such choices on each browser and device you may use to visit our websites and webforms.
- Do Not Track. Some web browsers may transmit “do not track” signals. Web browsers may incorporate or activate these features differently, making it unclear if users have consciously activated them. As a result, we do not take steps to respond to such signals.
- If you visit a third-party site that uses our services, we will not place any cookies on your device unless you have provided your consent and been provided with notice of our privacy practices and your ability to opt-out at any time.
- If you visit one of our websites, we will only place limited third-party cookies, such as those made available for analytics purposes by Google and Bing. In this case, we will seek your consent to use these third-party cookies and will only do so after you indicate your consent. If you do not consent, then no cookies will be written to your device.
- If you do not consent, you will still be able to use our websites, but certain functionality may be limited. To enable this feature, we use third-party tools to determine your geographic location; if these tools indicate that you are in the EEA, then we treat your visit as above. If you feel that you are subject to GDPR, but we have nonetheless used cookies in connection with your visit without consent (which may be due to a failure of the third party geolocation tools, your use of a proxy server, your location outside of the EEA at the time of your visit, or some other factor beyond our control) please notify us through our Contact Us and make sure to include any relevant details so that we can ensure proper treatment of your data under GDPR.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
To manage or make choices about the personal information (as known as personal data) we have about you,. If you are a resident of California, a resident of Nevada, or a citizen of a European Economic Area (EEA) Member State, review the applicable sections below to learn more about your privacy rights. If you are a parent or legal guardian or a representative, review the sections identified below to learn more about how you may exercise rights on behalf of your child or another person.
California Residents. If you reside in California, the following additional information about how we use and disclose your information and any additional rights you may have is below:
- Uses and Disclosure of Your Information. For more information on information we collect, including the sources we receive information from, review Information We Collect. We collect and use these categories of personal information (also known as personal data) for the business purposes described in How We Use Your Information, including to provide, manage and improve our services.
Rights Regarding Your Information. If you are a California resident, you have the right to delete personal information we have collected about you and you have the right to know certain information about our data practices in the preceding 12 months. You have the right to request the following:
To exercise any of these rights, please submit a request to us in our Contact Us or call us at 1-800-801-8354. In the request, please specify which right you are seeking to exercise and the scope of the request. We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 days. We may also ask you for specific information to verify and process your request. Keep in mind, if we do not have information that permits us to verify your identity, we may deny your requests to know or delete.
- categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- categories of personal information about you we disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information; and
- specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. Should you wish to exercise your rights as a resident of California, we will not discriminate against you by showing you different products or services based solely upon your request. Kindly note, however, if the advertisers require additional data or information from you before providing quotes, rates, or other information, exercising your California rights may limit the number and range of advertisers who are displayed in response to your request.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information. Some of our sharing activities may be a “sale” of personal information under California law. For example, when we share information we collected automatically from you with advertisers in order to create consumer profiles and present our advertisers' products and services to you. Subject to certain exceptions, as a California resident, you may opt-out of the “sale” of your personal information at any time by taking the following actions:
- For information collected automatically through cookies and similar tracking technologies change your browser settings to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting cookies. To learn more, read Cookies and Other Technologies.
- For all other information, if you wish to put on file with us your preference to opt-out of our sharing of your personal Information with third parties for such third parties' direct marketing purposes or to find out more about your opt-out rights, please submit your request through our Contact Usor call us at 1-800-801-8354.
- Shine the Light. California residents may, no more than once per calendar year, request from us information about our disclosure of certain categories of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To be valid, requests must be submitted to us at in our Contact Usr and select the “Shine the Light Request” option from the drop down menu. We will provide you within 30 days of receiving your request, a list of the categories of personal information (also known as personal data) disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of the third parties.
- Nevada Residents. Subject to certain exceptions, some of our data sharing practices may be considered a “sale” of your personal information under Nevada Revised Statutes 603A. Nevada residents may opt-out of the “sale” of personal information covered under the statute, by exercising your cookie consent options as detailed in Cookies and Other Technologies or by submitting your request through our Contact Us or call us at 1-800-801-8354.
YOUR CHOICES AND CONTROLS
We want you to be in control of your information, so we provide you with the following tools to exercise control over the information we have about you. Keep in mind that each option is subject to applicable legal limitations. Additionally, because your privacy is important to us, we will ask you to verify your identity/request or provide additional information before we let you exercise your choices over the information we have about you. We may also reject your request for several reasons, including, by way of example only, if the request risks the privacy of other persons or is unlawful.
- Access and Portability. You can access and receive a copy of the information we have about you by submitting a request in our Contact Us and select the “Access My Information” option from the drop down menu.
- Correction or Modify (also known as rectification). You can correct or modify the information we have about you by submitting a request in our Contact Us and select the “Correct or Modify My Information” option from the drop down menu.
- Deletion (also known as erasure). If for some reason you ever want to delete the information we have about you, simply submit a request in our Contact Us and select the “Delete My Information” option from the drop down menu.
- Revoke Consent or Object to Processing. You can revoke the consent you gave to us or object to our processing of the information we have about you by submitting a request in our Contact Us and select the “Revoke My Consent or Object to Processing of My Information” option from the drop down menu. If you are seeking to unsubscribe to our emails or change your communication preferences, see below.
- Marketing and Communication Preferences. If you wish to unsubscribe to any email communications we send to you, simply select “unsubscribe” in the emails. If you wish to unsubscribe to any text messages we send to you, text “STOP” in reply to any text message you receive from us. If you wish to unsubscribe or change/update any communication preferences with us including calls or mail, submit a request in our Contact Us and select the “Marketing and Communication Preferences” option from the drop down menu. Please note that we only control our own mailing and marketing lists/subscriptions and policies. Third parties that maintain their own marketing lists may send communications that advertise our services. You must contact these parties directly in order to stop receiving their communications.
- Cookies and other Tracking Technologies. To learn more about your choices and how to exercise control over the information we collect from you automatically using cookies and other online tracking technologies, read Cookies and Other Technologies.
If you have any questions or need assistance mail us at email@example.com.