My second blog Page description
While planning any trip, apart from booking tickets on time and making arrangements for accommodation, you also need to pack bags carefully and make sure that you don’t pack any things that are not allowed or prohibited to carry in a flight. You need to confirm your flight tickets and pack according to the airline you are flying with. For international journeys, you need to pack light and necessary items only otherwise you may end up paying for excess baggage. On an international flight, you have to confirm the baggage allowance of the airline you are flying with. Pack properly all the baggage items you are carrying with you because there are certain things that are not allowed on international flights to India. The websites of all airlines have updated their list of things that are allowed and prohibited to carry during air travel. So, always read the airline guidelines before packing anything. Otherwise carrying the prohibited items may cause trouble during check-in. So, whenever you book a flight to India, don’t forget to read the rules and regulations of airlines. Different airlines have a different sets of rules and guidelines for items allowed or prohibited so you should check the list from the website of a particular airline. First of all, you need to know what Checked-In Baggage is: Checked-In baggage is that baggage you can’t carry along with you onboard. You have to hand over it to the airline staff to keep it along with other cargo. Carry-On Luggage: Carry-on luggage is a small handbag or backpack that passengers keep with them on the flight. It is packed with all the essential items including personal care products that passengers may need during the journey. List of things Prohibited in checked-in Baggage: There are certain items, which are completely prohibited by all airlines which include Acids, Explosives, Flammable Liquids, Arms, and Contraband. Conditions for carrying the following items:
- Alcoholic Beverages: Alcoholic beverages are usually allowed to carry on board, but you need to follow certain conditions. Carrying alcoholic beverages that are over 140 proof or 70% ABV is not allowed to carry during air travel. You cannot carry it in checked-nor in carry-on luggage if it exceeds the limit. This is because it falls under a highly inflammable category.
- Compressed Gasses: There are some gasses or chemicals that are considered dangerous because they can cause any kind of risk to the aircraft or passengers are thus not allowed to be carried during air travel. Gases such as Butane, Chlorine, CO2, Fire Extinguishers, Liquid Nitrogen, Propane Liquid and Gas Torches are not allowed on board.
- Batteries: Power Banks, Dry cell batteries, Lithium Batteries, and loose laptop batteries are also not allowed to carry in either checked-in baggage nor in carry-on baggage. Lithium batteries that are smaller than 100 watts are allowed in checked-in baggage.
- Flammable Items: All flammable materials such as lighter fluid, flammable paints, safety matches, stoves, or lighters are prohibited to carry. However, fuel-free or dismantled lighters are allowed as checked-in baggage.
- Arms and Ammunition: Arms and ammunition are strictly prohibited to carry on a flight. Neither you can carry ammunition nor arms in both checked as well as carry-on baggage. Items such as Guns, bombs, Firecrackers, Tear Gas, Gun powder, Toy replicas of Ammunitions, Weapons such as whips, or stun guns, Party poppers, Torch Lighters, Knives, Scissors, Swiss army knives, and other sharp instruments are prohibited in carry on luggage.
Checked Baggage prohibited items: There are certain items that should not be carried in checked baggage in any case.
- Expensive Items: One should always be careful of packing costly or expensive things in checked baggage. However, there are very less possibilities of losing your baggage still you should avoid packing any valuables in checked baggage.
- Jewelry: Try not to pack your jewelry in your checked baggage because it is one of your most valuable items. It can be lost or taken or sometimes can be damaged due to some mishandling. Pack them in your carry-on baggage. The best practice is to wear it.
- Vacuum Compressed Bags: Though there is no restriction on carrying vacuum compressed bags, still you should avoid carrying these. At the airport security person might ask you to open your bag for inspection and you have to go through the packaging process at the airport.
- Cash or Credit Cards: Never keep your cash in checked baggage. If somehow, you lose your baggage or misplace it, then all your cash will be lost and it will be difficult for you.
- Medications: Always remember to keep your medications in your carry-on baggage. In case of any emergency, you can easily access your medicines.
To avoid unnecessary hassles keep in mind that you need to pack carefully. Every airline has standard international rules and regulations for flight luggage. It is always advisable to read these guidelines before starting to pack your luggage. Avoid packaging such things which are prohibited and are not on the list of allowed items.